Becoming a Patient
Thank you for your interest in becoming a patient at Pueblo Community Health Center. Our services are top quality, whether you need a routine physical exam, prenatal care, one-on-one help managing your diabetes or depression, or any other service we provide. We also have several special population programs here at PCHC. We are here to help YOU!
Before you are seen by one of our providers, we will need some basic information. Please click on the category that best suits your needs:
Call the Registration Department at (719) 543-8711 before you make a medical appointment. You may be asked to update your current information, i.e. your name, address, phone number, insurance information, and other information. Arrive 15 minutes early for your first medical appointment to fill out a patient registration form. Please bring your Social Security card and private insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card(s).
If you do not have health insurance, you must follow the registration Process below:
You no longer need a scheduled appointment to meet with a Health Benefits Coordinator to enroll in the health plan that is best for you and your family. You can walk-in to our Pharmacy and Administrative Services Site (110 East Routt Avenue) or our Park Hill Clinic (1302 East 5th Street) between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) or 9:00am and 4:30pm (Wednesday). Please read the list below and make sure you have all items that are needed for registration. When you arrive for your registration appointment, you will be seen in the order that you check-in and you may experience a short waiting period. In order to decrease wait times, please bring the correct documentation (see below). Please be aware that the Health Benefits Coordinator will NOT register you and or your family if you have missing documentation—you will be asked to return with all necessary documentation.
For each person in need of medical assistance (self; self & spouse; or self, spouse and children), please provide the following information:
- Colorado ID or Driver’s License for everyone over age 16
- Permanent Resident Cards (if applicable)
- Birth Certificates for everyone (if applying for Medicaid and CHP+)
- Social Security Cards/Numbers for everyone
- Proof of household income for current or previous month
- Current vehicle registration(s) to include year, make, model, mileage and loan statement/receipt if there is a balance owed on vehicle
- Checking or savings account printouts of current balance of bank account
- Completed Colorado State Affidavit if spouse not present at time of registration
- For new patients needing an urgent appointment or refills, prescribed medications with either a pharmacy record, current medical records from a previous provider, or the actual prescription bottle with current dates
If you are registering for yourself and children or yourself, spouse and children: please pick-up a Medicaid/CHP+ application prior to meeting with a PCHC Health Benefits Coordinator (this may help save time). DO NOT DATE this form until you meet with the Health Benefits Coordinator. If there are visits that need to be back-dated within 3 months, please bring proof of income for all months of the visit dates.
Download Registration Forms